[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Thu Jan 15 11:51:27 EST 2015

Hi David,

David Farmer wrote:

[...]

> Based on the current status, do you think there will be a September 1, 2015
> distribution to the RIRs from the recovered IPv4 pool?  And if there is what
> size would you expect it to be?
>
> Yea, I could probably go run the code you pointed out, but it is much easier
> just to ask you.  :)

In May last year I ran the software through a sequence of 12 allocations and I
have attached a small zip file with the outputs so you can see how the pool
roughly halves at each scheduled allocation. As required by the policy, the
size of the allocation drops as the pool is reduced, so the allocated space
drops from a /12 (or equivalent) to a /13 (or equivalent) and then a /14 (or
equivalent) and so on.

Each RIR received[1] a /12 in September 2014, so the March 2015 allocation is
likely to be a /13 (or equivalent) unless a significant contribution is made
to the recovered pool or a significant withdrawal is made by the IETF through
assignments made in one or more IESG approved RFCs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo

[1]