[arin-ppml] Requesting Feedback: Draft Policy ARIN-2014-22: Removal of Minimum in Section 4.10

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Jan 10 18:15:58 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> I don’t anticipate that there will be any desire or need for significant
> allocations under this policy until after some ISPs are no longer able
> to issue these longer prefixes to their customers.

Hi Owen,

I haven't been able to come up with a plausible scenario where prior
to IPv4's effective end of use, an ISP can't come up with a /28 for a
customer with the right number of zeros in their bill. Not a competent
ISP that intends to stay in business anyway. If you have a scenario in
mind then by all means walk us through it and mind the details.

This looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?