[arin-ppml] 2014-1 Out of Region Use

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Feb 26 00:37:51 EST 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> So, if I'm a German corporation and I don't like RIPE's rules, I simply
> set up a shell corporation in the US and get my addresses from ARIN,
> then use them in Germany anyway?  That doesn't sound right.

But the flip side of that is, I'm a US corporation with network assets in
the US, Japan, Brazil, Germany, and numerous other countries.  Am I
supposed to work with ARIN, APNIC, LACNIC, and RIPE to get resources for
each country from the local RIR?  I'd much rather keep things simpler and
deal with one RIR and one RIR's policies.  I doubt I'm alone in that
sentiment.