[arin-ppml] An interesting policy question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 3 11:08:13 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
> Thanks for quick reply, and sorry about my English ability.Below is what my
> understanding to the reply:
>
> Example 1:
>
> No, there is no need to notify ARIN simply because change of location.(
> provided other fact stay the same)
>
> Example 2.
>
> In case of 3 location shrinking to 2 location, there is also no need to
> notify ARIN provided the service stay the same.(in-out region does not
> relevant here as the number of location is decreased, so even  there is an
> out region location was notified ARIN during application process in the
> first place)
>
> Correct me if I might be mistaken.

Howdy,

That's generally correct.

One caveat: Internet Service Providers and SWIP. Folks with ISP
allocations (not end-user assignments) are expected to maintain
accurate SWIP records with ARIN. To the extent that location was
reported in the original SWIP records, it would need to be updated.
>From what I understand, internal infrastructure generally doesn't get
reported with any location details. SWIP is intended mostly to report
customer assignments.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us