[arin-ppml] An interesting policy question

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Dec 3 11:06:31 EST 2015

On Dec 3, 2015, at 9:55 AM, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Thanks for quick reply, and sorry about my English ability.Below is what my understanding to the reply:
>
> Example 1:
>
> No, there is no need to notify ARIN simply because change of location.( provided other fact stay the same)
>
> Example 2.
>
> In case of 3 location shrinking to 2 location, there is also no need to notify ARIN provided the service stay the same.(in-out region does not relevant here as the number of location is decreased, so even  there is an out region location was notified ARIN during application process in the first place)

Essentially correct, noting that changes in circumstances may cause review
of the already-approved resource request if there is reason to believe that
original resource request was fraudulent in nature.  This is similar to cases
where a party requests resources baed on is own need, is approved, and
then undergoes a “change in circumstance” such that they wish to now
transfer those resources to another party instead...

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO