[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 122, Issue 28

Alfie Cleveland alfeh at me.com
Fri Aug 28 16:53:18 EDT 2015

Hey,

With IPv4 reaching exhaustion most likely within the next 10 days, ISPs applying for space as an End-User instead of an ISP really isn’t as much of a concern, due to the fact that there will be no IPs to give them. It’s simple - we can just disallow people to change from ISP to End-User space without a very good reason. Or, make it only possible for End-Users to assign x space - for example I’d recommend only allowing them to assign /25s and higher.

Regards,
Alfie