[arin-ppml] Policy idea: POC Validation

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 16 20:17:55 EDT 2015

> On Apr 16, 2015, at 11:20 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> I really like the idea of a requirement for an ACK by the POC on POC creation.
>>
>> That should at least create an incentive to stop these records from being created
>> by ISPs which will significantly reduce the problem space.
>
> I actually think it is not the creation that is the issue, it is the
> assignment to a role.
>
> There should be a "Do you accept this <new_role>" ACK requirement
> for the assignment is complete.  No ACK, no assignment.
>
> I do understand that this would imply some changes to the
> process (i.e. engineering resources).

I think both would have value. The primary complaints being expressed are providers creating massive numbers of POC records for the same individual, so letting the individual know a new POC record is being created is desirable.

I think there is also value to letting someone know when their POC is added to a record.

Owen