[arin-ppml] Policy idea: POC Validation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:20:22 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> I really like the idea of a requirement for an ACK by the POC on POC creation.
>
> That should at least create an incentive to stop these records from being created
> by ISPs which will significantly reduce the problem space.

I actually think it is not the creation that is the issue, it is the
assignment to a role.

There should be a "Do you accept this <new_role>" ACK requirement
for the assignment is complete.  No ACK, no assignment.

I do understand that this would imply some changes to the
process (i.e. engineering resources).