[arin-ppml] Availability of the ARIN Fee Structure Review Report

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 19 14:25:16 EDT 2014

On Sep 19, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:

> As an ASN only holder, not a member, I was denied the ability to update my ASN for years (from 2002-2011?) and ARIN refused to do anything about it.

Steve -

  As you are well aware, that had nothing to do with membership, but the fact
  that you were not associated with the organization record associated with
  the ASN.

  Parties can make changes to resource records without entry being a member,
  but we obviously prevent parties with no clear association with a resource
  from making changes.   This is completely unrelated to membership.  With
  regard to being "denied support", you very much received support; it was
  via such support from ARIN that the problem was resolved in June 2016.)

  Again, this is completely unrelated to membership; ARIN refused to allow
  someone not associated with a resource to update because to do so would
  have been incorrect.  Once we got your organization record straightened
  out, your changes were all accepted (and again, completely independent
  of membership.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran