[arin-ppml] Updated text for ARIN 2014-16: Section 4.10 Austerity Policy Update

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Fri Sep 19 10:51:08 EDT 2014

Thus spake Andrew Dul (andrew.dul at quark.net) on Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 07:29:03PM -0700:

> Thanks for your input,  would you otherwise support the policy if we
> retained the existing /10 reservation for 4.10.2?

I have a hard time supporting any efforts to rearrange the v4 deck chairs.
Yes, some organizations won't be able to get v4 space, or at least not
easily.  That is because there isn't any.  We need to move on.  If one
is starting from scratch now, they are going to get burned by definition.

One thing I would like to hear more about is boot-strap issue with transfers?
I guess I don't fully understand that problem space.

Dale