[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-18: Simplifying Minimum Allocations and Assignments

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Thu Sep 4 08:35:17 EDT 2014

Please forgive my ignorance of the details of the policy development process, but based on what I can see from looking at the timelines for other proposals on the ARIN website, it doesn't appear to me that this policy has any time left to be relevant. It appears that the proposal would need to be given a fast track in order to even be approved before the likely runout of the available IPv4 pool, much less implemented.

In any event, I oppose; I believe needs tests should remain, and the impending adoption of 2014-13 makes the entry barrier sufficiently low.

Bill.