[arin-ppml] 2014-1 Out of Region Use

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 22 17:16:51 EDT 2014

On Oct 22, 2014, at 3:49 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> [...]

Milton -

Note that NRPM Section 12 provides only that "ARIN may review the current usage
of any resources maintained in the ARIN database." - it would not appear that
this language provides ARIN the ability to request information and utilization
on resources held in other regions, as envisioned by the present 2014-1 draft
policy text.

If you wish to drop the language pertaining to obtaining a list of applicants
number resources and rely on NRPM 12 for this purpose instead, then it would
appear necessary to revise NRPM 12's scope to cover resources held outside of
the region.  This community may want to carefully consider the merits and
issues with each potential approach before deciding one way or the other.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO