[arin-ppml] ARIN IPs and Spammers? => Need for Governance

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Mon Nov 10 18:31:24 EST 2014

I agree that ARIN should not be involved in enforcement, but one thing that ARIN (and the other RIR's) could do is make it easier for mail server operators to get *ALL* the blocks assigned to a given organization in one query. I find that "whois n w.x.y.z" often returns the same names as either the swip'd client, or the DC host. It would be much easier from my perspective use those names as input then block all of their space than it is to play wack-a-mole as each client cluster shows up.