[arin-ppml] ARIN Draft Policy 2014-2 Improving 8.4 Anti-Flip Language

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Mon May 5 17:13:36 EDT 2014

On 14-05-05 01:00 PM, Bill Darte wrote:
> 1. Yes or No.  Should the community relax existing policy which attempts
> to limit the transfer of ARIN resources out of region, in order to allow
> an organization flexibility to move address blocks to another portion of
> their own organization in another region, even though they might have
> received different addresses within ARIN in the last 12 months?

I see that it 'could' also be used to try to get around restrictions
meant to prevent abuse..

While I can understand the case in theory for it, without seeing the
language that controls the ability for 'pseudo' organizations, or
organizations that are forged/created strictly to bypass current
restrictions, I cannot comment in support of this.

The lack of comment might mean that while supported in principle at the
CPPM, maybe it isn't supported enough, or the feeling is that it is
supported, but not strongly supported.

Maybe with the whole language of the 'exemption' reasons has to be in
place to get stronger support.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."