[arin-ppml] Revision of ARIN-prop-204 Removing Needs Test from Small IPv4 Transfers

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Thu May 1 10:54:06 EDT 2014

Hi John and list,

Since my intention was to allow a maximum of one needs-free transfer per
year, I have changed the proposal to better reflect that.
The proposed change will be a preface to “the recipient must demonstrate the
need for up to a 24 month supply of IP address resources...”

The preface will be “For transfers larger than a /16 equivalent or for
recipients who have completed a transfer in the prior year..”

The intended effect will be to retain needs testing of all transfers to
recipients who have already completed a transfer in the prior year, and for
all transfers larger than a /16.

If we want to be more permissive and allow for many transfers but only one
being a need-free transfer, the preface would be:

“For transfers larger than a /16 equivalent or for recipients who have
completed a need-free transfer in the prior year..”

And of course the /16 might end up being a different size if we can discover
a supported-size through list discussion.

Regards,
Mike  Burns