[arin-ppml] 2014-3 Remove 8.2/8.3/8.4 Minimum IPv4 Block Size Requirements

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Mar 19 14:47:07 EDT 2014

On Mar 19, 2014, at 7:34 PM, David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Also, I believe ARIN is the wrong place for such constraints.  I believe operators should make the decision on such matters

I also believe that operators should set such constraints (if desired),
by participation in the regional policy development process.

The ARIN community gets to set policies for the management of IP address
space in the region, and this includes all of the operators, hosting firms,
content companies, etc. who choose to participate.

For many things, there may be no need for any "regional" or "global" policy,
instead allowing it to be a matter between those using IP addresses, but if
there is to be policy then it would be most appropriate for it to be set via
the bodies which are part of the Internet registry system,

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO