[arin-ppml] 2014-3 Remove 8.2/8.3/8.4 Minimum IPv4 Block Size Requirements

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 19 14:34:19 EDT 2014

> But regardless of the legal piece, I see no upside, and quite a bit of downside, to allowing IPv4 /32 transfers.

Please articulate the "quite a bit of downside".  If we ignore the legal piece of your argument, as you said to, what are the problems with /32 transfers to the technical operations of the internet? I've only seen the legal argument in your replies so far, hence my request.

Also, I believe ARIN is the wrong place for such constraints.  I believe operators should make the decision on such matters - not central numbers registries which suffer from very very low participation.  You can choose to reply to that or not, of course, but I think it's very germane to the meat of this proposal:  why does ARIN get to set this basement???