[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2013-8: Subsequent Allocations for New Multiple Discrete Networks - Revised

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:08:41 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM, CJ Aronson <cja at daydream.com> wrote:
> Martin..
>
> My fellow AC members who were at the meeting handled the discussion well and
> I didn't feel the need to speak on the subject.  Mostly I listen to the
> community and that is what I did during the PPC. That is not shocking  :-)

If you say so. :-) The registration was inaccurate anyhow. There were
AC members there that were not registered.

> Further.. this does change nothing

But it does. It creates an inferior class of member with respect to
the policy, the end user, which may only be rectified by paying ARIN
more money. See ARIN's IRS 990 lately? They don't need any more of our
money.

>but it also documents current practice
> and the ARIN staff requested in a policy experience report that this be
> documented so that it is clear what the current practice is.

The community takes priority over the staff where there is a conflict.
There are checks and balances in place that allow the organization to
react otherwise and if needed.

Best,

-M<