[arin-ppml] LAST CALL: Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2013-8: Subsequent Allocations for New Multiple Discrete Networks

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:54:05 EDT 2014

I was in the room as well.  I heard your objections in Chicago (
https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_33/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_11)
"to the contract issue".  Since then, ARIN-2013-8 has been revised to
address your concern, and in fact no longer requires any contracts for
connectivity, but simply "evidence of deployment of the new discrete
network site".

Since that revision, ARIN-2013-8 was also discussed at the ARIN PPC and
NANOG 61 in Bellevue.  I don't recall or see (
https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ppc_nanog61/ppc_transcript.html#anchor_3)
that you (or anyone else) raised any concerns at that meeting.

I believe the main objection you expressed at the ARIN 33 meeting has been
addressed.  If you have another objection, or you feel it hasn't been
addressed, please provide some additional details.  Otherwise, this will be
my last message on this topic.

-Scott