[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jun 6 00:05:17 EDT 2014

On Jun 5, 2014, at 2:15 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> Owen,
>
>> Given the number of sole-proprietors with very small budgets that I have
>> obtained IP allocations for over the past several years, I think this is an
>
> Are you doing this on a consulting basis? I am not accusing you of anything here, just think some additional clarity and perhaps COI disclosure might be appropriate here.

Yes, I have done this on a consulting basis for a very long time. I have repeatedly disclosed that I do so to the AC on a regular basis.

I have checked with both John Curran and Steve Ryan and confirmed that no general COI exists.

Each time a policy has come up which might benefit one or more of my clients, I have disclosed this fact and recused myself from the voting if the policy might have any impact on an active client’s current or pending request that I was aware of.

I am also the person responsible for Hurricane Electric’s RIR relations and act as the DMR for some of my clients in the ARIN and APNIC elections.
I do the number resource applications for Hurricane Electric and act as a senior counselor to others at Hurricane Electric who do resource requests on behalf of our customers.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this. I do not believe a COI exists, but if one comes to light, I will certainly disclose it and take appropriate action to the best of my ability.

Owen