[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-12: Anti-hijack Policy

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Sun Jun 1 01:42:37 EDT 2014

On 5/31/14, 21:21 , Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On 5/31/14, 2:55 PM, David Farmer wrote:
>
>> Therefore, putting all the suggesting together, here is text for the
>> Editorial Change I'm proposing at the PPC next week.
>>
>>      If an organization requires more resource resources than stipulated
>> by the
>>      applicable minimum allocation sizes size in force at the time of
>> their request,
>>      their experimental documentation should have request must clearly
>> described
>>      describe and justified justify why this a larger allocation is
>> required.
>
> An organization is a singular entity without gender.  Pronoun should
> match. ("its", not "their").

Thanks

> Also, while the request for  the
> documentation isn't experimental, the allocation is.

"experimental documentation" was already struck-through.

> Thus:
>
>       If an organization requires more resources than stipulated
>       by the applicable minimum allocation size in force at the
>       time of its request, the request must clearly describe and
>       justify why a larger allocation is required.

Thanks, I'll make the necessary changes.

----

Policy Statement:

Modify the section 11.7 heading to be more accurate. Modify the first
sentence to prohibit overlapping assignments. Add text at the end to
define how research allocations should be designated.

Modify the third sentence to clarify the original policy intent
regarding justification for allocations larger than the applicable minimum.

11.7 Resource Allocation Guidelines

The Numbering Resources requested come from the global Internet Resource
space, do not overlap currently assigned space, and are not from private
or other non-routable Internet Resource space. The allocation size
should be consistent with the existing ARIN minimum allocation sizes,
unless small allocations are intended to be explicitly part of the
experiment. If an organization requires more resources than stipulated
by the applicable minimum allocation size in force at the time of its
request, the request must clearly describe and justify why a larger
allocation is required.

All research allocations must be registered publicly in Whois. Each
research allocation will be designated as a research allocation with a
comment indicating when the allocation will end.

----

Anybody have anything else?

Thanks

David Farmer               Email: farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952