[arin-ppml] ARIN 2014-13

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Sat Jul 19 14:04:02 EDT 2014

I've said this before, but this proposal might help an Org that only needs a /24 but I think it will hurt an Org that needs a /20 or a /22 as the needs test that are applied will force them into qualifying for the /24 but not the /20 or /22 they legitimately need.  Orgs that legitimately need a slightly larger allocation because of the gyrations they must go thru to try and justify a larger allocation, will end up not qualifying even though they have a legitimate need.  The solution here is to completely remove the needs tests at the low end and not just on a /24.   Proposal like 2014-13 are just dancing around the problem instead of trying to legitimately fix it.

Small Organizations are very much under-represented in this Community and therefore their reasonable interests go under-represented.  I do appreciate you asking Gary but I don't see the needs of small Organizations truly represented in this Community.

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
www.eclipse-networks.com
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

℠ Eclipse Networks, Inc.