[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-17: Change Utilization Requirements from last-allocation to total-aggregate - revised

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Thu Jul 17 11:35:23 EDT 2014

> I think it will have exactly the opposite effect, actually. I think it
> lowers the barrier for smaller entities and new entrants while keeping
> roughly the same effective requirements for larger incumbents.

Maybe if you can show how the barriers are reduced for smaller entities
and new entrants, vs how they will be affected if the larger entities
are enabled to get the remaining space faster?

>> I think we need another idea to come up..
>
> Such as?

Hopefully the question will be answered, and the quicker we move on,
maybe the quicker that will be answered.

How about support for removing the needs test for small transfers a la
2014-14?
It seems to benefit those whose needs are small, but who are having
difficulties with justification due to niggling IPv4 policy issues like
minimum sizes and utilization requirements.
Others have noted we are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with
these IPv4 policy issues.
Maybe it is time to metaphorically sweep those chairs into the sea so we can
move on.

Regards,
Mike