[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-14: Removing Needs TestfromSmall IPv4 Transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Jul 8 19:48:54 EDT 2014

I have changed my position on ARIN-2014-14. While I am generally in
favor of removing all needs transfers, it seems to me that additional
needs-based limitations will actually increase the perceived value of
pre-ARIN "legacy" resources and encourage lawsuits that seek to
establish ARIN's non-control over said "legacy" resources. I look
forward to the entertainment potential of observing the inefficiency and
distortion of the post-runout IPv4 market.

For the above reason, I oppose ARIN-2014-14, and am readying my popcorn.

Matthew Kaufman