[arin-ppml] Proposal 204 Submitted, Registry Accuracy Proposal

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 15:15:48 EST 2014

Submitted here:

https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/ARIN_prop_203_orig.html

I believe that we need to make a few more changes before the AC meeting to
insure that all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. I didn't realize
that ARIN no longer posts notice that a proposal has been submitted.

In rummaging through the new PDP as a result, I see a few things are
different. It looks like Part 2 is relevant for submissions and getting to
the "evaluation" stage which I would believe to be at the next scheduled AC
call?

Up until then, it also appears that  Part Two Section 1 "The assigned AC
members and ARIN staff will work with the originator as described below to
prepare the Policy Proposal for evaluation by the AC." is a catch all to
insure that there are no problems in reaching Part Two Section 2, unless of
course the author of a proposal doesn't respond to the shepherds.

There are some other slightly confusing process in the PDP around problem
statements, existing policy and the like which I imagine are determined to
exist or not exist through the process in Part Two Section1 is carried out.

John? Do I have the process correct?

Best,

-M<