[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to LegacyInternetResourceHolders

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Thu Feb 13 18:49:20 EST 2014

I understand your concern and even share it to a point but we need to deal with real life, and real life is that it is pretty unlikely to get all of the original /8 and other large block legacy holders to sign contracts with ARIN (not to mention the small legacy block holders).

Do you really think that ALL of the AT&Ts & Verizons and Fords - not to mention the DOD - and all of the other fortune 1000 companies that hold large legacy blocks are going to sign agreements.

No one can force them to and no one should try and force them.  This goes for the thousands of organizations that got Class C blocks as well.  Real life is that they all exist and ARIN has no direct legal authority over them.

It is just time to stop playing like these legacy holders don't exist and bring them into the community without requiring them to do anything and I think the RIP 605 does just that.  My two cents.

Steven L Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099 - Office
770.392-0076 - Fax

℠ Eclipse Networks, Inc.