[arin-ppml] support for 2014-1 (out of region use)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Feb 10 13:16:30 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 05:55:18PM +0000, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Let me repeat Scott's question in a different way: David Farmer says "we need to clarify that our of region use was always intended to be allowed by policy" and you agreed very strongly with him, and 2014-1 does that. Are you still maintaining that you are opposed to 2014-1?

I should have trimmed that last sentence, actually.  (I apologise for
being so careless.  I'm unusually obtuse today, which is saying
something).  The main thing that I wanted to agree with was that the
historic policies were ambiguous and that anyone who thinks they're
going to fix that with a lot of tight controls is mistaken, so we have
to live with the consequences.

To me, this new proposal is worse than doing nothing.  I prefer it
over previously-floated alternatives (which seemed to me to be
attempting to create a new policy that was never there).  So, if a
policy is going to be adopted, I can stand this, but I don't think any
policy is actually needed here.

Best regards,

Andrew

--