[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2014-7

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 23:30:02 EST 2014

"There seems to be a clear potential for abuse of the two participant rule
after run-out of the general ARIN IPv4 free pool.  Also, there seems to be
a clear potential that changing to three participants will make it more
difficult for some IXPs to get going"

The potential for abuse mentioned to occur after runout is an indication
that something may need to change.
Raising the bar to 3 is intended to prevent the abuse?
I really can't see that being any more effective than what is currently the
the form.
Regards

Rudi Daniel
(information technologist)