[arin-ppml] 2014-14, was Internet Fairness

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Dec 24 12:24:35 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM, John Santos <JOHN at egh.com> wrote:
> Oppose 2014-14
>
> 1) /16 is not "small"

This is the main problem I have with 2014-14. Start with /24's or
maybe /22's and keep track of what happens to them. Then use the
knowledge gained to formulate a better policy when expanding the
process to larger blocks.

I think it also needs a limit on the number of untested transfers in
which an organization can participate in a given time period.

The text itself needs some cleanup to deal with the more obvious
unintended consequences, but the /16 boundary is what kills it for me.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> Then make it /18 to align with the fee schedule definition of "small".

I ran a regional ISP on two /18's. You're not getting the concept of "small."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?