[arin-ppml] 2014-14, was Internet Fairness

John Santos JOHN at egh.com
Wed Dec 24 01:00:48 EST 2014

Oppose 2014-14

1) /16 is not "small"
2) The problem the proposal purports to solve hasn't actually been
   demonstrated.  "ARIN staff [...] is spending scarce staff time on needs
   testing of small transfers."  Obviously, doing the necessary checking
   requires staff time, but is it a significant amount?  Is it taking much
   longer than it used to?  Is it costing ARIN a lot of money in staff
   wages and overhead to do these assessments, or is it lost in the noise?
3) This proposal not only eliminates needs testing for qualifying transfers,
   but also removes the requirement for the recipient to sign an RSA.
4) Rearranging the IPv4 deck chairs
5) Pie

--
John Santos