[arin-ppml] Internet Fairness

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Dec 19 14:07:38 EST 2014

On Dec 18, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:

> Maybe a majority of the vocal community does, but I doubt if you add in all members of the community who do not comment and all the members of the community that only hold legacy allocations, I suspect that might not be the case.  I think the legacy community is speaking volumes by not participating by commenting in this forum.

Steven -

Given that anyone can participate in the discussion (i.e. there is no requirement
to have any agreement with ARIN or be an ARIN member) and further that it would only
take a couple of dozen additional participants to materially affect the outcome of
the policy development process, one can only surmise that perceived need for policy
change is relatively small compared to the effort to participate.  We've done quite
a bit to reduce the overhead of participating (e.g. remote participation options),
but it is still incumbent up to those who perceive the need for policy changes to
to participate in the process.  Note that if even a fraction of a percent of the
legacy address holders felt it necessary to become involved for a particular policy
change, then it would happen.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO