[arin-ppml] Oppose to 2014-02 anti-flip language and 2014-09

Jay Martin jaymartin926 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:03:19 EDT 2014

Hi John and community,

one of the reasons why the community should oppose the 2014-02 and 2014-09
as follows, The unfair system only benefits some big firms.

Recently, there is one inter-rir transfer  and i would like to discuss the
story behind the scene.

*ipv4|167.220.224.0/19|American <http://167.220.224.0/19|American> Registry
for Internet Numbers/MOPL|AP|ARIN|20140109|Microsoft Singapore Pte.
Ltd.|SG|APNIC|20140408*

1. it's original parent block is 167.220.0.0/16 ( now has been split into
smaller blocks) and has been announced by as3598 and as8071 but this one
has  been used in Singapore ( out of region use.) and its ARIN whois regi
info shows country code:SG.    I guess no wondering David is so caring
about the Out of Region policy too.  Even without this policy, Big firm can
always do what they want to do.

2.  Let's talk about 2014-02 anti flip language,    this inter-rir
transferred /19 belongs to MICROSOFT-GP-NET.    I guess this account of
miscrosoft has not received any ARIN IPv4 in the previous 12months.
otherwise, ARIN will not approve this transfer.  Hello community, please
help to recheck to see if MICROSOFT-GP-NET has been allocated ARIN IPv4
within the past 12months.

Besides this account,  Miscrosft has MSFT  which has just received
23.96.0.0/13 from ARIN free pool    and has  MICROSOFT  this maybe the one
who buy large amount of IPs from the bankruptcy organisation.     ( they
also have other ARIN accounts and the above two works as the examples
here)

No wondering David so cares about 2014-02 and 2014-09 to get rid of  policy
restriction to have their IPs either in account MSFT and account MICROSOFT
to be transferred into Microsoft Singapore Pte. Ltd. ( i guess its apnic
account is miscrosoft-ap or something similar)

The ARIN 33 is just at the corner,  we should seriously discuss  this
2014-2 and 2014-09  and I think the policy should not be established to
favour someone specific, policy should favour the whole community and
balance the benefits of all shareholders in ARIN region.

Jay

Sample IPs belongs to MICROSOFT as follows,

  137.116.0.0/16

 Microsoft Corp

legacy

  137.117.0.0/16