[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 106, Issue 8

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Apr 4 22:58:06 EDT 2014

On Apr 4, 2014, at 10:51 PM, xiaofan yang <nikiyangxf at gmail.com<mailto:nikiyangxf at gmail.com>> wrote:
Please explain  what do you mean by  " pursue another transfer request to bring your
utilization in line with policy." ?

what does this "another transfer "refer to ?  which policy should we based on?

You indicated that "in case of the other /16 to return to ARIN free pool or  rejecting for our second /16 transfer in future." -
if that were to occur, ARIN would indicate that you should return address space or pursue another 8.3/8.4 transfer.

furthermore, i am afraid of ARIN rejecting the 8.2 transfer , not even to mention the second 8.3/8.4 transfer.
However, based on your reply,  no matter what happens, ARIN will definitely approve the 8.2 transfer and ARIN will only impose "restriction" on 8.3/8.4 transfer ?   and the utilisation rate in 8.2 transfer is just  a paper tiger ?

No.  Your M&A transfer may indeed be rejected if you do not have adequate
documentation; see my prior email regarding list of acceptable documents.

It would be best if you contact Hostmaster at arin.net<mailto:Hostmaster at arin.net> with any questions specific
to your situation.  The PPML mailing list is for policy development discussions,
not registry policy administration.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran