[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-9: Resolve Conflict Between RSA and 8.2 Utilization Requirements

xiaofan yang nikiyangxf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:33:04 EDT 2014

Hi John,

In basis of your reply,  if the block is underutilised,ARIN will either ask
the  company to return the IPs  or transfer to other third party via 8.3
transfer after our 8.2 transfer.

Say we have two /16 after this 8.2 transfer, what if we only transfer one
/16 to the other third party via 8.3 transfer, meanwhile, we keep the
other /16 left unused after our 8.2 transfer for quiet a while.   Will ARIN
ask us to return the remained /16 to the free pool?  furthmore, how long
will ARIN allow us to keep the other /16 unused before we transfer it to
the third party via 8.3 transfer ?

Niki