[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-6: Allocation of IPv4 and IPv6 Address Space to Out-of-region Requestors - Revised

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Oct 6 00:20:58 EDT 2013

On Oct 5, 2013, at 3:53 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> Since June 2013, there have been 52 requests that would not have
>> been approved under the new policy because these organizations
>> had only some equipment in a data center in the ARIN region, but
>> either all or most of their technical infrastructure outside of the region
>> and most or all of their customers outside of the ARIN region.
>>
>> Total amount of space issued to these 52 organizations:   9,672 /24s,
>> (which is a bit more than a /11 in total) and nearly all organizations were based in the APNIC region.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I notice from Frank Bulk's thread that ARIN has instituted a change in
> procedure for address allocation related to in-region use. Were the
> new procedures in place, how would that have impacted the 52 requests
> you reference?

Bill -

  ARIN's procedures for requesters has not changed since the Policy
  Implementation and Experience Report addressing this topic (at the
  ARIN 31 meeting in Bridgetown); hence, the 52 requests would still
  be processed.  As noted earlier to Frank, I believe that the text
  sent in response should be reviewed, and we will do so upon the
  disposition of Draft Policy 2013-6, regardless of outcome.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO