[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 31 11:54:03 EDT 2013

On May 31, 2013, at 10:21 AM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com<mailto:jschiller at google.com>> wrote:
To that end, would it be unreasonable to ask for something different in the staff assessment?

Certainly a standard staff assessment should be done, but could staff also publish
a separate assessment, of each of the snippets of the draft policy that would
impact ARIN operations, how it would impact ARIN operations, and if there are other
events (text) that have superseded this text.

The community will then have:

1. the original principle
2. the history about the departure
3. the now current policy
4. how that might be changed if we reassert the principle in RFC 2050

The community can the first decide if the current policy / ARIN practice should remain

Assuming it should remain, the community should judge if this is: