[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 30 17:22:24 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> Were ARIN ever to attempt meaningful alteration of my legacy address
> registration without my consent it would find itself responding in
> court, regardless of any alleged basis in policy for that action. I
> doubt I'd be the only one to see you there.

I am sure that any policy change that resulted in "meaningful"
alteration of legacy registration would be the equivalent of the
nuclear option, and the fallout would be highly toxic to
someone (and likely everyone).

I know that I am a firm believer that the community will be
better off if we can maintain the principals of good
stewardship without heading to court (where the only
winners are the lawyers :-).

Gary