[arin-ppml] fee structure

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Mar 31 21:54:52 EDT 2013

On Mar 31, 2013 7:11 AM, "John Curran" <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Mar 31, 2013, at 4:20 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> >> No, it is not a "speed bump" but simply a choice available to
end-users;
> >> having an equal voice includes taking on some equal responsibility.
> >
> > In that case, shouldn't we get $100 off of our membership for each
resource
> > record subject to the $100 fee?
>
> The revised fee schedule did not change the ARIN membership fee,
> but as a result of this topic being discussed on ppml and as noted
> earlier, I will bring up this topic (of the most appropriate fee
> for membership) to the ARIN Board for their consideration.

Hi John,

When you do, I second Owen's notion that the end user membership fee should
not exceed the difference between that end user's annual fees and the
minimum annual fee for an ISP member.

I'm not wed to the idea that an ISP paying a total of $500/year should
automatically be an ARIN member. But if they are, an end-user paying a
total of $500/year should be too.

-Bill