[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Sat Mar 30 12:57:31 EDT 2013

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, David Farmer wrote:

> On 3/29/13 10:37 , Brandon Ross wrote:
>
> Unless you intended to create a generic ability to reduce your allocations
> that would apply to everyone and not just to the x-small and xx-small
> categories.  But that wasn't explicitly clear, and I took it that it was
> intended to allow low end adjustments.  I'd like other to weigh in on if
> there should be a generic ability to reduce your IPv6 allocation.

The policy statement reads:

"An LIR may return all or part of an allocation to ARIN..."

How is that not clear?  This part of the policy, as written, allows for
the return of any allocation, and it was written that way on purpose.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442