[arin-ppml] fee structure

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:55:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

>> I consider myself both "well informed" and "interested in participating"
>> but by either measure my vote is precluded unless and until I sign a
>> contract with ARIN legally granting them the authority they already assert.
>> Heck I practically wrote the ARIN 8.3 section but couldn't even vote on it.
>

> Mike -
>
>  While ARIN does encourage legacy address holders to enter into a
>  registration service agreement, you are not required to do so and
>  in either case, it does not affect ARIN's authority to operate the
>  registry in accordance with the policy developed by the community
>  in this region (and a process which you do have the ability to
>  participate in in either case.)
>
> Thanks!
> /John
>

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the reply and sorry my initial post didn't make it to the list.
> But to be clear, despite my possession of address rights that preceded
> ARIN's existence, I do not have the right to vote on policy which affects
> the registration of those rights unless and until I cede authority to ARIN
> via a contractual arrangement.

AFAIK, folk involved in resource policy making don't "vote" on the
policies, it is done by consensus.

Voting comes into play when Members are asked about specific
activities and decision about how their association is run.

They are two separate processes.

Please inform me if the above is incorrect, as I am more familiar with
other RIRs structure and operations than with ARIN.

--
Cheers,

McTim

ps there are 2 email addresses yoou seem to be using, perhaps one
isn't subscribed?