[arin-ppml] fee structure

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Mar 29 12:15:07 EDT 2013

On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com>
 wrote:

> OK, so ARIN has been accused of having a poll tax mentality, lol.
> Allow me to throw in the fact that legacy holders like me who did not sign the LRSA do not have a vote, even though we have resources.
> Resources over which ARIN asserts authority.
>
> So we have a form of "taxation without representation" which I call "authority without representation".
>
> Why doesn't ARIN stick to asserting policy authority over those with which it has a contract and who are allowed to vote?
> Or how about letting legacy resource holders vote without a contract with ARIN ?
>
> I consider myself both "well informed" and "interested in participating" but by either measure my vote is precluded unless and until I sign a contract with ARIN legally granting them the authority they already assert.  Heck I practically wrote the ARIN 8.3 section but couldn't even vote on it.

Mike -

  While ARIN does encourage legacy address holders to enter into a
  registration service agreement, you are not required to do so and
  in either case, it does not affect ARIN's authority to operate the
  registry in accordance with the policy developed by the community
  in this region (and a process which you do have the ability to
  participate in in either case.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran