[arin-ppml] fee structure

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Mar 29 11:25:32 EDT 2013

On Mar 29, 2013, at 11:06 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us>
 wrote:

> For the sake of clarity, I'll rephrase that for you:
>
> You don't want folks to vote until they're well informed. You find
> that a poll tax helps assure that only well informed end users vote.

Bill - I said "interested in participating", not "well informed";
please do not paraphrase my remarks when they are already quite
clear.

The ARIN Board has considered this particular matter (of fees and
membership) at length, and it is important to have a well-defined
membership for the proper running of the organization. This is very
common for 503c6 business associations (which is ARIN's incorporation),
and attempting to compare this with a citizens right-to-vote issue
is quite misplaced.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran