[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Thu Mar 28 07:51:45 EDT 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, John Curran wrote:

>  I believe that the "/48 or smaller" line on the pending fee
>  schedule is incorrect and in the process of being fixed.

Now that makes all the difference in the world if that were to happen.

>  The correct number in the series should read "/40 or less"
>  Once corrected, your ISP colleagues who are in the xx-small
>  category (with a /22 of IPv4 or less) can would be able to
>  obtain a corresponding /40 of IPv6 (if the policy proposal
>  being discussed were adopted) and there would be no charge.

I very much agree and would be very happy to see that happen.  If it does,
I would support a change to the policy proposal to move the minimum
allocation to /40.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442