[arin-ppml] A Redefinition of IPv4 Need post ARIN run-out(was:Re:Against 2013-4)

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Jun 12 14:57:30 EDT 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, Steven Ryerse wrote:

> No I just meant companies their size could possibly justify a full /8 so
> applying a /12 max on everyone might not work if somebody big applied
> for something bigger than a /12.

I'm still not following you.

What I believe has been proposed is that if the total amount of address
space under an entity's control is less than an aggregate /12 then no
needs assessment is performed to transfer address space.

If the org has a /12 or more of aggregate space, or they are requesting
space from the free pool, they have to go through a needs assessment.

There is no hard cap on the amount of address space an entity may have,
only what they have to do in order to get more.

Am I missing something?

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442