[arin-ppml] Against 2013-4

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Mon Jun 3 23:39:52 EDT 2013

Milton L Mueller wrote:
> I would have to oppose most of the statements in this proposed revision of the RIR principles.

noting, first, that the author has clarified his intent -- documenting
current principles in the impending absence of rfc 2050, not revising
any principles per se. (i support that goal.)

i'm not ready to hear arin's current technical needs assessment called a
"fiction". if you really think this, then you should address it
directly, not as a cheap shot buried in a policy debate.

other methods of conservation may be acceptable to ARIN, and could be
proposed. note that market trading is likely to be seen as controversial
and not as a restatement of current policy.

also:

Milton L Mueller wrote:
> ... the consensus within the RIPE APWG is pretty clearly in favor of
> the no need proposal, and the topic is highly controversial even
> within the ARIN region.

i think consensus could have been called either way after the ripe
discussion.

paul