[arin-ppml] Against 2013-4

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jun 3 15:57:09 EDT 2013

On Jun 3, 2013, at 2:37 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
> Some just decide to go around "this community" and skip ARIN altogether and purchase their IPv4 needs from a third party or a broker like this site does http://www.hilcobid.net/auction/listOffers.htm?auction_id=13186&elementsPerPage=25#barranavegacaoleilao .

Steven -

Note that your example is a broker whom to the best of my knowledge
requires the applicable RIR to approve any transfer -

"• Sale subject to approval of applicable Regional Internet Registries (ARIN, APNIC or RIPE NCC)."

So that is not actually a case of going around "this community" as much
as it is working to successfully utilize the transfer policies developed
and adopted by this community.

(I have no view on the draft policy under discussion, and am providing
this information solely for accuracy of the community discussion of same.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO