[arin-ppml] Thoughts on Conservation [was: Re: Draft Policy ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles - revised]

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Thu Jul 11 15:48:43 EDT 2013

>We already have a reclamation process; see NRPM 12 and the enabling
language in the RSA.  ARIN hasn't used it much/any to date except in
cases of suspected fraud, which IMHO is a dereliction of its duty, but
it _has_ been used.  Therefore, any proposal to "begin" using it would
be moot.

Hi Stephen,

A boogeyman.
ARIN will revoke if you don't pay your bill, though.
I have asked on this list for any evidence of ARIN ever revoking addresses
for utilization and was met by crickets.
Hard to reconcile with a principle which demands conservation of all
addresses.

Regards,
Mike