[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Apr 8 02:22:35 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:02 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:

> Arin and this community could of course - rewrite the allocation polices like the RIPE proposal http://www.ripe.net/ripe/policies/proposals/2013-03 and make it easier and more straightforward to "qualify" for IP resources.  Then organizations that have been denied allocations (like ours) or organizations that haven't even bothered to apply to Arin for an allocation for fear of being denied - could then get resources and be added to the community that pays Arin fees.
>
> Then maybe Arin's board of directors wouldn't/won't have to approve fee increases because there would be many more organizations paying fees and Arin's total revenue would increase.
>
> Arin gets more revenue, Organizations get needed resources, Arin is fulfilling its Mission, Organizations get lower costs. Sounds like a win-win-win-win to me.

Indeed.  ARIN has actually seen a significant increase in members
over time due to those receiving resources, but you are welcome to
suggest any specific changes to policy that would improve access
to number resources.  You can find more information on the Policy
Development Process here:
   <https://www.arin.net/participate/how_to_participate.html>

Thanks!
/John