[arin-ppml] fee schedule (was: Re: Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Apr 7 23:57:56 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> It is just ARIN trying to figure out how to maximize its own revenue.

To be clear, the change in the Revised Fee schedule is revenue neutral;
please review the slides referenced earlier for additional information.
<https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXX/PDF/thursday/curran_fee_schedule.pdf>

> It knows that if it charged everyone the same amount, there would be some large organizations who could easily afford to pay more but from whom they aren't extracting any extra revenue.

Actually, we could easily go to a single fee for all ISP regardless of
size. This would result in significantly higher fees for smaller ISPs
(as the per-ISP fee would approximately $2800 per year.)  This does not
seem to be the right direction if we're trying not to burden smaller ISPs.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO