[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Apr 4 15:46:50 EDT 2013

Totally oppose the below. There's no reason why we should ever be giving
an ISP something smaller than a /32. Fix the silly fee schedule.

If charging $1000 instead of $500 is a disincentive (I certainly think
it is) make the /32 be $500.

Matthew Kaufman

ps. Example as to why I think it is a disincentive: I run a microwave
network linking multiple mountaintops serving the tiny needs of several
different non-profit organizations, all paid for out of my own pocket.
All of it is numbered out of legacy space I hold. Guess how much my wife
thinks I should spend per year on an IPv6 allocation from ARIN so that I
can add IPv6 to this network? I'll give you a hint: $500/year is too much.